Time to be happy is now, place to be happy is here...

Happy Diwali 2019

It is been a while that have pen down thoughts in to my blog. And wishing one and all a very happy Diwali this year.

The things that made me pen down this year after very long time. Very simple thing, I have been invited for Diwali this year at my maternal side my paternal and time to spend with my in laws.

Thinking on how to split the time with everybody, I ran back in my memory lane of my childhood. This thought made me pen down today. And thought about all those women who are married and who spent there time with us as children but never spend their adults time with their parents.

It is 2 folded yes, I am sure each of you have a great deal of memories that you cherish every Diwali. It is festive energy and the great energy that surrounds all of us, this energy has nothing to do with religion. I have had almost all my friends come down and spend time and play together.

The best part has never been shopping for clothes all the best part has been shopping for crackers. None of us bothered what kind of new clothes that we wore, we wanted is to have lot of noise and lot lot of light. We just had our fun we had friends of our own street we made new friends whom we didn't know to burst crackers with. Cousins will come down to our place we to go to their place.

I still remember one Diwali where we were 5 children and one adult in a bike after finishing bursting crackers in West Mambalam came back to my place in this bike the rest of the evening bursting crackers at my place. Life just felt awesome.

We never bothered if a parents came down to be with us but we were just happy as children and with children. For very elders in the family were concerned we web busting hot cash. Well childhood is a time when you really do not know the value of money what you value is time spent happily. Let the child in age of us surface this Diwali and just value every moment happily.

 Then came a time when intervention of industry market and many political factors that came into our lives, I still recollect the day we had a big discussion and debate in school in my higher secondary. Is it good to burst crackers is that noise pollution is it also dust pollution is it eroding the ozone? Are Children being exploited and part of the cracker industry? Is it rightful to have children in such industry a lot of things Daund on teenagers and many of us promised never to buy crackers if where children are being employed in that industry. After two or decades I still don't seem to have answers for these.

We would exchange sweets and savouries it don't matter if the neighbour of ours even celebrated Diwali it was a time to give and give and give. School and family used to teach us the reason why we celebrated Diwali and the traditional metalogical stories. I still wonder today if such things are done in school or at home does anybody even remember the slightest reason why Diwali is celebrated I don't know if others even remember it. Because I think over a period of time I have never repeat the story to anybody to even recollect it.

Diwali is the only time only time that I ever recollect in my childhood to have done any shopping at all as a family. And yes my mother would do loads and loads of sweets and savouries starting a month ahead and it'll just go to so many people to other parts of the country as well relatives and friends. She would just remember which sweet and which savoury is whose favourite and packet appropriately to the respective person. And still follows the tradition of inviting son in laws for the bajji and the onion sambar. Now being an adult and seeing the many different families around, it's time for me to salute to this lady who has done all this all by herself without any help.

With changing times, the Diwali has also shaped it on versions version 1234 I don't know how many in my life time and itself. Today's version of Diwali carrying the mantra "let's get together".

With the busy times of life, one is either engrossed in his or her own thoughts and emotions, work or otherwise. Glad that this generation is focusing on putting the phone down, keeping that remote control down, stepping out to meet face on face and to enjoy time together for the goodness inside you and the goodness inside me.

Happy get-together Diwali version 6.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When life becomes transactional

Mentor

Sleep Cricket… Dream Cricket…. Eat Cricket….. Breathe Cricket……………………