Meaning of the word Birthday - customize it.

The meaning of the word Birthday of the pre-milenials is the day we were born and it was tought to us in school as a Red Letter day.

As the milenials understand it's yes, the date of their birth and they need to be pampered with gifts and many other things like treating friends and basically creating a market around it these days. 


Well, as a child until I conceived with a new life I too was under the impression birthdays are important day in one's own life. My entire perspective changed. I started to remember how my mom and my grandmother and her siblings always remembered my birthday and blessed me every year. 
From the culture I hail, the child is born in the home of their maternal grandparents. It's basically joy in their hearts and an unforgettable moment to see us new born into this world in their hands...  

Yes,  the moment I conceived the new life in my womb lots if new things opened up to me for many questions I had no answer for. The birth of each if us is not our birthday but the birth moment when our heart beat ticks and the first kicks felt by the father. 


That day i realised,  the best gift is to give unto others,  moments joy as gift rather than all those materialistic gifts. As it is I used to wonder, what a stress it is to buy something in particular as a birthday gift in a time when everyone is abundantly blessed with all materialistic things.

Having said that I decided I would spend my birthday with my parent/s or my grandparent/s maternal who ever is still with me.  For it would being that tear of joy and all those lovely moments to be discussed about my childhood that I don't remember. Say when I first sat or had a fall or expression of my face during my first new taste...  Relaxed day... My birthday with my parents. 

While I did decide multiple times, I could not make time. But I firmly believe this year I will create that time for them. 

Don't wait to experience the new life in you to be born to realise it...  If u think what I am saying here is true to your heart. Where ever in this world you are create time to be physically emotionally (internet free)  pure time with your folks for your time is the best gift to your parents on your birthday u can give them. 

It's your special customised mothers and fathers day. It's your birthday. 

Comments

Subha said…
Yes Ramya, lovely thought. What better gift than this to give or receive. Pure time Indeed.
Ramya said…
Thanks for making me pen down again suba.

Popular posts from this blog

When life becomes transactional

Mentor

Sleep Cricket… Dream Cricket…. Eat Cricket….. Breathe Cricket……………………