Mentor


At every stage of our life we have a mentor and as humans we seek out to one. There is no age factor and all one needs to be qualified with is experience or the relevant knowledge for the same.

I am proud to say that my younger sister has also been one, but it’s when she always tells me about my spellings and the uncanny communication I recollect one such mentor of my life.

There were many challenges I faced at work place – one was; my superiors been compared with a shop floor entrant (me) by my super seniors, that I am sure hits their ego.

She called me one day on one of the emails I had circulated to a small group internally, asked me to tell her the reason why I wrote such an email. She patiently listened to it completely and asked me to read the email loudly right on her desk that I had sent. I found that funny and at the same time curious why she wanted me to do it. On reading it I realized that what I intended did not come out on that email as clearly the way I explained to her. I felt pathetic L

She said, you are good in your thought process and she read it again for me but with some pauses in it. And along with it she said your mind is drafting the 3rd 4th and 5th sentence while you are typing the 1st … I was awed by the way I got this feedback.. no one could have ever shared a feedback such .. I still owe her a thanks.

I am still bad in my communication, coz my intentions are not always communicated for the actual perception of my intention J
Confused huh.. that’s meee..

She is an awesome person.. i dedicate this post to all the mentors in my life soon my son will be one J

Comments

Miss Iyer said…
U're right. But don't worry. Its never too late to learn. Acknowledging one's own mistake is the first step to learn to get over it. U're already on your way. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

When life becomes transactional

Good Morning To All From, India